Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Teriyaki Spinach and Tofu Stirfry


This is such an annoyingly simple recipe that it perhaps doesn't even deserve mention here, but hey, every once in a while you sit down to cook and find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had an annoyingly simple recipe I could cook right now." So here it is!

INGREDIENTS:
Fresh spinach, rinsed well and stems removed
1/2 cube of extra firm tofu
1/2 of an onion, cut up into thin strips
A small chunk of fresh ginger, cut up into thin strips
Sesame seeds
Teriyaki sauce

As you can see, some of the ingredients do not have exact measurements--this is because I was working with junk in my fridge that I was trying to use up and probably could've easily added more of, say, the spinach. So do so to your own taste--you like sweet-ass ginger? Then hook yourself up with a buttload, you chefly beeyotches.

DIRECTIONS:
Heat up a pan and spray with non-stick, oil-free spray. Toss in the tofu, ginger, and onions. Cook until most of the moisture has been sucked out of the tofu (you could probably alternately press the tofu beforehand, but I was hungry and didn't feel like waiting) and the tofu and onions are fairly browned all over. Toss in the sesame seeds and spinach and cook until the spinach is just starting to wilt. Then toss in some teriyaki to taste and fry it up until it's good and absorbed. Then eat with chopsticks. If you don't eat with chopsticks, I will come over to your house and knock that bowl right out of your hands!

Makes 1 serving.

No comments: