Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Warm Couscous with Garlic, Black Olives, and Tomatoes


First off, I've just gotta say: couscous is *so* not photogenic.

Moving on...

This recipe seemed almost too simple to warrant a page in a cookbook, but hell, I wanted to make something simple on Sunday that I could use for lunch/dinner all week, so I figured I'd try it out anyways. As I stuck exactly to the recipe and didn't try to pull anything fancy out of my sleeve, I'm not going to repost the recipe here (copyright copyright copyright). Like yesterday's, it comes from Fresh and Fast Vegan Pleasures, if you decide to track it down.

I can say this though--pretty much all you need for the recipe is in the title (couscous, garlic, black olives, diced tomatoes), give or take two more relatively innocuous items: lemon juice from half a lemon, and fresh parsley. Basically, if you know those ingredients, you can probably figure out the right combinations and quantities on your own. It is a good recipe--light and flavorful, the garlickiness contrasted by the zingy lemon--but it is nothing incredibly special. Perhaps if you take a whirl at the recipe though, you can add something to spice it up more yourself.

Only strange and interesting part of the recipe:

The lemon I got at the grocery store was *freakishly* huge and resembled the huge and bulbous head of Sloth from The Goonies:

No comments: